Thursday, October 7, 2010

A Week of Small Failures

Welcome to my shortest post yet,

Today is just a quick little recap of the things I failed to accomplish this week.  While I reconnected with my work email, I failed to send updates to my much missed colleagues back at Alberta Energy.  I will write them all emails this weekend.

I failed to write a blog about my fantastic breakfast with Scott this past Sunday.  Wonderful conversation about the U of A, the Students' Union, Toronto politics, and random events happened and it was nice to connect with a little piece of home.

I failed to write a blog about my plans for this weekend.  Suffice it to say that I am attending not one, but two Thanksgiving dinners and I am very appreciative of my family here for including me.  Good bottles of wine will be brought to all by a thankful cousin.

I also failed to go to the gym as often as I had planned to. Sleep took precedence on more than one occasion, but I will be more committed in the future.

These are things I failed at, but on the kick ass front, I'm pretty sure I aced the first test of my graduate studies career, I got top marks on my first graduate studies assignment (eat that statistics) and somehow, I know I will not fail in watching hockey tonight.

Home opener for the Oilers - Edmonton v. Calgary.  With Shawn Horcoff as the new captain (a slightly angry blog post to come on this subject) it will be interesting to see how the lack of true veterans (ie: Sheldon Souray) will play out on the ice.

Until tomorrow,

Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment