Monday, January 3, 2011

A New Year

Well hello and welcome to 2011!

Well, two weeks went by super quickly. Too quickly. I wrote this while on the plane home yesterday while flying over Michigan. What better time to reflect on my holidays and prepare for the New Year?

1) There's nothing like coming home.
      Flying in to the Edmonton International Airport was an experience I'd never experienced before. Sure, I've made that landing at least a dozen times before, but this time was different. Special. I had tears welled up in my eyes and I couldn't stop smiling. I was home again. I enjoyed two weeks of family, friends, hockey in my home stadium, good steak, late night TV marathons (just because I could), brunch, lunch, and dinner outings, shopping at the world's biggest mall where every store was packed with Christmas shoppers, cuddling with my cat, remembering how funny my dogs are, seeing old musical theatre friends and deeply regretting my inability to participate in this year's production of "Kiss Me Kate!", and just plain living life to the fullest.

2) There's nothing like leaving home either.
      I had a 7:00am flight on Sunday morning. Taking off, I again had a little tear welled up in these eyes of mine. I'm going to miss most of everything above (Christmas shopper's excluded), but most of all it'll be family, friends, snow, real honest-to-God winter, hockey at Rexall Place, streets that I know like the back of my hand, driving, spending my birthday with my brother, and just being home.

3) Resolutions are not futile

      a.) Reach my goal weight
September through December was not a very productive time period for me on this front. It's time to get back into good habits (aka: cut back on alcohol and pub food and insert more fruits and veggies). I received some gym classes from my parents for Christmas (Items that were on my Christmas list, just so you don't think they're trying to send me a message!). I'm going to put them to good use.

      b.) Do more extra-curricular writing
I've been neglecting this blog. No more! I've promised friends that I'd write weekly and I intend to keep that promise. I also want to get back to my fiction stuff. I have a few ideas in my head that I hope I can really bring to fruition this year.

      c.) Study harder!
I know, I make this resolution every year, and it's pretty cliche for a university student, but I must face facts. I must work harder!

So I look forward to seeing you all weekly from here on out!

Happy New Year!

Cait

1 comment:

  1. Great resolutions! I know what you mean about going home...I'm always so excited when my plane lands in Vancouver!

    ReplyDelete