Monday, July 4, 2011

Quick Update

Hello!

So, if it hasn't been apparent so far, I have been neglecting this blog. Completely and absolutely. I'm tracing it back to my deep-seated love of my summer so far. I think I tend to use writing and blogging as an escape from the mundane, or from discontent, I dunno. So far though, I've really needed no escape. I also realize that my productivity tends to plummet during the summer, and when the space around me is dishevelled and disorganized. Case in point:

My room.

As my mother can now attest, having seen the wonders of my tiny residence in Ottawa through the magic of Skype, my living space is a pig sty. It's hard to feel inspired when I'd rather burn my room to the ground and start over, than clean it up.

So, I'm going to get cleaning tonight. After cleaning, hopefully I'll be able to write something far more substantial than a cleaning plan.

I'm also going to have a sit down at some point with the roommates to discuss the common living space in our residence. While my room is a pigsty, I keep everything I commonly share with my roommates quite clean. I clean up my dishes, I don't leave my crap lying around. This is not a common theme amongst some of my flatmates and it needs to stop. How I'll approach them, I'm not quite sure, but it'll happen. First, though, I need to clean my personal space. I really should set a good example before I approach others.

Until later,

Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment